Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Coincidence that lentil starts with L-E-N-T?

So while I am not an overly religious person in the sense of belonging to any specific church, I can definitely get behind the idea of lent. So for this go round I decided I wanted to give up not one, but TWO things.

See, I don't eat a ton of meat in the first place so for me to just give that up would be cheating. I decided to make a drastic choice. Working out every single day wouldn't work with my school schedule. To give up cussing completely is just insanity and would never work (though I don't find myself dropping the F bomb nearly as much as I used to). That left me with just one option, and it is a truly terrifying one. Booze. Yes booze. Including wine, an extra little yum yum in my coffee in the form of Bailey's, martinis, all booze. What's that? No, I don't know what I was thinking either. I may as well make the best of it though! So there's my plan. Maybe posting it here will keep me accountable.

The good thing for you lovely readers is that this means I will be posting some veg friendly recipes. Well vegeterian friendly anyway, I will be slaughtering a LOT of veggies so I cannot promise to be friendly to them.

Please help me out here, what are some of your favorite vegeterian or vegan recipes?

2 comments:

BabyCa said...

I was thinking about giving up booze for lent too, but ruined that on the first night. There's always tomorrow, I had a rough night with the precious angel!
My favorite vegitarian recipes almost always include eggplant. Ratatouille is a favorite, as is eggplant Parmesan.
Hope you have better luck than I did.

Dining Alone said...

one of my favorites is the old classic, grilled cheese and tomato soup.

GOOD LUCK!