Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fired Up Chicken Pitas

Now here I go, posting a healthy and filling recipe. Trust me, I wouldn't post it if I didn't find it absolutely delicious.

What you'll need:
1 portion of cooked chicken breast (a portion is a piece the size of your palm)
1/2 a cucumber, peeled and diced
1 tomato, diced
1 slice of onion, chopped
1/4 tsp of cayenne
1 tbsp fat-free plain yogurt
1/2 tsp hot sauce
1 pita, cut in half

Now, I really like spicy food, but feel free to not use the cayenne or hot sauce.

Here are my ingredients laid out:
Slice the chicken breast into bite sized pieces.
In a medium mixing bowl combine the chicken, cucumber, tomato, onion, cayenne, yogurt, and hot sauce. Sitr until it's all combined.
Then just spoon the mixture into your pita halves, and you have lunch! You can also make a bunch of this mixture, to use through out the week. This dish is good for you, and really filling. I got the recipe from the Eating For Life book by Bill Phillips. The book has a ton of really tasty and healthy recipes. Some others will be posted here later. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jana said...

I made them and they turned out good. I forgot the onion but added avocado instead. I also added lettuce in the pita. I love lemon pepper so I tossed some on top as well. Healthy and yummy. Thanks for the idea.I am going to post pics on my blog later today...I also love taking pics of food I eat:)