Monday, November 16, 2009

Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies

No stories or long background explanations here. Just a really good, really simple cookie recipe. This recipe can be altered and changed in any number of ways. I have added chopped up Heath bars instead of walnuts, used fruit instead of chocolate chips. You name it.

The ingredients are all things that bakers usually have on hand, but if you don't have one of them, they aren't complex or difficult to find.

They are:
-1 cup butter, softened
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 cup granulated sugar
-1T vanilla extract
-2 eggs
-2 cups all purpose flour
-2.5 cups oatmeal
-1T baking soda
-1T baking powder
-1/2 t salt
-1 16 oz bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
-2 cups walnuts, chopped
Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.

In a blender, grind the 2.5 cups of oatmeal.
In large bowl cream together the butter,
sugars,

vanilla and eggs.
In a seperate bowl, combine the flour, ground oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Then mix those ingredients in with the wet ingredients.
See how easy that was? Now all you have to do is add in whatever other ingredients you choose. For me this time, it was chocolate chips.
and walnuts.
Combine.
Roll the dough into even sized balls, I used a 1/8 cup measuring device. Though what I really need is a cookie scoop! Maybe one day...
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Then my friends Amy and Mike showed up with their ridiculously adorable newborn, and I couldn't tear myself away to get some steaming fresh out of the oven pics. That's fine though, you'll see how good and easy these are for yourself if you bake them!
This picture will have to suffice. Trust me though, these are GOOD.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Laura said...

why do you blenderize the oats?

my favorite variation on oatmeal cookies is to used dried blueberries. and walnuts. gotta have walnuts.

cmariewt said...

Hi Laura!

I put the oats in the blender because I think it makes the texture better. I don't much care for the texture of whole oats in a cookie that isn't supposed to be an "oatmeal" cookie. Blending them makes the texture perfect.